Welcome to the Lane Family! Are you ready to begin your new journey with us? Follow the next steps closely to make sure you’re ready for your arrival on campus!
1. Complete Testing and Advising
Watch for an email with testing instructions from Internationaladvisor@lanecc.edu. If you’re not seeing it, check your spam folder. Still not seeing it, email the address above.
Take the online placement test
Watch for testing results from email@example.com
If you have any problems making appointments with this link, please contact InternationalAdvisor@lanecc.edu.
This will be a 30-minute appointment. You will receive a confirmation email for your appointment. We will connect you via Zoom for the appointment.
2. Get Your Visa
Check your I-20: If you submitted proof of English proficiency you will receive an I-20 for college level. Most I-20s are issued for language training level. If you received a language training level I-20 and if you take the online placement exam and place into college level, you’ll receive a new I-20. Make sure all the information is correct and SIGN THE I-20!
3. Plan for Your Arrival
In certain countries we offer in-person pre-departure orientation and advising in the summer we recommend you attend. For those we are not able to meet in-country the information below will help guide you as you prepare to come to Lane!
- Plan Your Flight to Eugene (Airport Code: EUG): Check what dates we offer free transportation from the airport to Titan Court or your hotel!
- Secure Your Housing: We encourage students to live in our fully-furnished student apartments at Titan Court. Reserve your spot today!
- Submit Your Confirmation Form: Watch your email for a link to request airport pick-up, confirm check-in, and to be assigned a peer mentor.
- Carry Important Documents: Be sure to carry all of your important documents with you. Do not put these in your checked luggage: I-20, passport with F-1 Visa, letter of admission, proof of finances and any transcripts if you previously attended school in the USA.
- Bringing Children? Read through some important information we think you'll find helpful
- Insurance: Lane requires international students to have approved health insurance whenever they have a valid I-20.
- Vaccinations: Please bring a copy of proof of vaccinations for yourself and any dependents. For example, your spouse and children.
- Medications: Make sure you bring at least a 90-day supply of any medication you take. Pre-existing conditions are not covered for your first three months in the USA.
- Dentist: Be sure you visit your dentist before you depart your home country. Dental insurance is not included in most health insurance plans.
- Glasses: We recommend you bring two pairs of glasses or contact lenses. Vision coverage is not included in most health plans.
4. Attend Orientation on Campus
On-campus check-in and orientation is required for all newly admitted international students. It will be scheduled before the start date of the term. During Orientation you will receive important information about immigration regulations, health insurance, and college policies. Watch for an email with more details on orientation and check-in.
Peer Mentor Program
The international student peer mentor program supports new international students during their first term at Lane. Peer mentors are current students at Lane who want to help new international students. They will connect with you before you arrive and throughout the term. They help answer your questions and help you learn about Lane and Eugene.