Build some momentum for your future.
Get work experience and make career connections while earning credit through a Cooperative Education internship, all as a part of your degree!
What you’ll learn
In studying physics, you experience and appreciate the continual evolution of humanity's (and your own!) insights about physical phenomena.
Transfer Interest Area
Physics is the study of matter and motion in its most fundamental forms. For this reason, physics is studied by majors in all sciences for breadth of understanding, by professional-technical students for deeper understanding of technology, by humanities students for insight into ways of thinking deeply embedded in human civilization, and by people generally to gain enjoyment and scientific literacy in a world deeply impacted by science.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Newton’s laws of motion, force, and energy
- Heat, work, and the laws of thermodynamics
- Light waves, sounds waves, optics, and images
- Electricity, magnetism, electric circuits, and magnetic induction
- Modern physics, including relativity and quantum mechanics
- Astronomy: our solar system, stars, galaxies, and cosmology
- Scientific reasoning skills that are applicable to a wide variety of fields
The Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree with a focus in Physics is designed for students interested in pursuing a bachelor's degree in physics, engineering and engineering technology. From engineering to manufacturing to education, physics is a foundation for many careers.
Not sure which is for you? Learn more about the types of degrees & certificates Lane has to offer