Interested in flight? We'll help your career take off!
What you will be flying
Our facility includes multiple aircraft, including Cessnas (3 152s, 1 172) and Pipers (5 Warriors, 1 Arrow, and 1 Seminole), as well as 2 BATD simulators and 1 AATD simulator.
What’s Your Dream?
Bush flying Alaska, flying an air tanker as an Aerial Firefighter, or becoming a Captain at a Major Airlines? All of these and more are possible when you start at Lane Aviation Academy. Our Aviation Professional Pilot Program provides students with the FAA certifications needed to pursue rewarding careers in Aviation.
Lane provides FAA Part 61 flight training in a variety of aircraft. Become an FAA Certified Commercial Pilot at the Lane Aviation Academy today! Through your degree, you’ll have an opportunity to earn your Private Pilot license, Commercial Pilot Certificate (with instrument rating), Certified Flight Instructor certificate (with instrument instructor rating), and Multi-engine Land rating.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Conduct safe and legal flight operations in accordance with FAA regulations
- Use a variety of avionics and navigation aids for both Visual (VFR) and Instrument (IFR) flight operations
- Apply the Aeronautical Decision Making model (ADM) with particular attention to the human element and its integration with technology, addressing FAA guidelines on hazardous attitudes
- Identify, assess, and respond to hazards to flight operations including weather, mechanical, medical, physiological, and psychological issues, in order to make sound go/no-go and in-flight decisions in normal and emergency circumstances
- Explain the functions and interactions of aerodynamics, aircraft systems, navigation, communications, regulations, and meteorology
- The skills you need to be a certified flight instructor, including creating course outlines, lesson plans, teaching styles, and the FAA Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI) to meet the needs of your students
Lane Community College's Aviation Professional Pilot program gives you more than wings. With your degree, you’ll have the tools necessary to pursue a career in aviation, whether it’s flying planes for celebrities, airlines, or fighting fires from above. Many of our students teach for Lane or another institution after graduating to earn the hours they need to start their career at an airline. With an ongoing pilot shortage, your career will be ready to take off.
Specialize your skills and hone your interests through stackable certificates! If you’re pursuing the degree, you’ll earn these certificates along the way. Not ready for the full degree? You can earn them on their own. Contact the office of admissions to learn more.
This certificate is a milestone marker in your career, providing recognition for your achievement as a Private Pilot.
With this certificate, you’ll be ready to fly under instrument flight rules (IFR)
With this certificate, you’ll be able to make flight more than just a hobby.
Not sure which is for you? Learn more about the types of degrees & certificates Lane has to offer