Do I have to start Fall Term?
The Nursing Assistant class is offered every term including summer term.
How long is the course?
The Nursing Assistant course is one term (11 weeks). The course is two classes. Part one in the classroom must be successfully completed before Students can register for the Part two-clinicals.
What are Nursing Assistant classes Part 1 and Part 2?
These are two half-term classes offered in each term: Part 1 is in the classroom and Part 2 is in a clinical setting. Part 1 must be taken before Part 2. Registration for the Part 2 is done after successfully completing Part 1.
How much does Part 1 and Part 2 cost?
Part 1 & Part 2 each costs $689 for the academic year 2020-2021.
Are there textbooks required for this course?
The textbooks are included in the cost of the class ($70 value).
Are there other costs associated with the program?
Due Before NA Part 2, Clinicals:
- Scrubs $30-35/set (two sets of scrubs are recommended)
- Comfortable Shoes
- Waterproof watch with the ability to count seconds
- Gait belt $10-$15
- Proof of Health Insurance
More information will be given to registered students upon the first class meeting
Due after successful completion of the course:
- Final Background and Certification exam cost is $158
Are there other requirements?
Due Before NA Clinicals Part 2:
- Immunizations or Titers:
- PPD (TB) negative test within one year
- If PPD test is positive, you will need to get a chest x-ray through your physician
- Proof of Varicella (chickenpox) immunization from MD or Titer
- If titer is negative then Varicella immunization will be required
Recommended/Required by OHA:
- Hep B (series of 3)
- Flu shot (during flu season)
Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association. This will be offered during the class as part of the Nursing Assistant class.
Sites to obtain background check include
- Plus 10 panel drug test at 1733 Pearl Street, Eugene, OR
Are scholarships or other funding available?
Save Your Receipts
If you go to work in a LTC (long term care facility) after obtaining your certificate, within one year the federal government requires full reimbursement for your course costs, including textbook and testing fees!
Start an Individual Development Account and receive matching funds for goal-oriented budgeting and saving. Contact the Goodwill Industries’ Prosperity Center, at: (541) 431-3307, or go to Goodwill Job Connections on Seneca to talk to Trysta
The Continuing Education Department Scholarship
This scholarship is a "need based" scholarship. Apply for a Continuing Education Department scholarship.
Information about other organizations that offer scholarships can be obtained from scholarship search sites such as Fastweb. Also get additional scholarship information on Lane's Scholarship Information site.
I am a Certified Nursing Assistant. What is my next step in my career path?
A Certified Nursing Assistant can become a CNA 2 or a Certified Medication Assistant (CMA), or an LPN and RN.
What is a CNA 2?
A CNA 2 is a Certified Nursing Assistant 1 who has received more in depth specialized training to assist licensed nursing personnel in a hospital or in other acute care settings providing nursing care for patients
Are there any prerequisites for taking the Nursing Assistant 2 course?
CNA 2 students must be listed on the OSBN registry as a CNA in good standing in Oregon prior to registering for the course.
What if I have more questions?
- Check the current class schedule
- Contact Lane Community College Continuing Education at: (541) 463-6100
- Contact the Oregon Board of Nursing
- Contact Kathy Calise via email: email@example.com
How do I register for a class?
- To register for classes, please set up a profile on our online registration system If you have already created a profile, go to step 8.
- Click "Create a New Profile" and fill out the form
- You must fill in all boxes that have an asterisk
- Your L number is not required
- Use your email address for your username
- Create a password of your choice
- Once your profile has been set up you are ready to register
- Search for a class by clicking "courses" in the left hand column or in the search field on the upper right of the page
- Add your class to the shopping cart and checkout to finalize your registration