All Dental Hygiene applicants must take the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills). This is a timed test. You may take the test only once during this application period.
Steps to take the test
- Before you sign up for the test: apply online to Lane Community College to become a Lane student. After completing your online admissions, you will receive an email with your Lane ID number (L#).
- Preparing for the tests: Only if you plan to test this year you can purchase a study guide at the Titan store located on main campus or at ATITesting.com.
If you have not already, please set up an account with ATI Testing, prior to your testing date. When asked to choose an institution, please select "Lane CC AH". Set up new account here.
- Schedule testing appointment: Schedule at lanecc.edu/test
- Sessions: March 11, 18, or 25, 2022 (all start at 9:30 am)
- Bring Photo ID: A valid photo ID is required when you come in to test. Please bring it with you or you will not be able to test.
- Pay the ATI testing fee: Payment for the TEAS (2021 test cost = $70) will occur online at the start of testing. You will need to pay online with a credit card, debit card or if you do not want to use your own credit card, please pick up a pre-paid card to pay for the test. The test fee is non-refundable.
Available Testing Appointments
There is a limited amount of seating per session. If you do not schedule early enough and no space remains, you will have to find other testing arrangements.
- After testing, your scores will be entered into myLane by Testing Support Services staff. The Health Professions office will retrieve them from there.
Note: If you tested previously, you will not be able to use last year's scores and will need to test again for this year's application process. Lane Dental Hygiene Allied Health testing requirements are located on the web in Lane's Dental Program Application Information.
Basic information about the Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) TEAS:
The Allied Health Test is a computerized multiple-choice timed exam covering 4 sections. You will have 3 hours and 29 minutes to complete the exam--not counting instruction. Please plan to be here 4 hours.
- Reading - 53 questions and 64 minutes. (Paragraph and Passage Comprehension and Informational Source Comprehension).
- Math - 36 problems and 54 minutes (Numbers and Operations, Algebraic Applications, Data Interpretation, Measurement).
- Science - 53 questions and 63 minutes. (Human Body Science, Life Science, Earth and Physical Science, Scientific Reasoning).
- English Language Usage – 28 questions and 28 minutes. (Grammar and word meanings in context, spelling and punctuation, structure).
Questions regarding the test, contact Testing Support Services -
If you have questions regarding the Dental Hygiene application process you may email: DHProgram@lanecc.edu.