Get prepared for the fast-paced, exciting, and ever-changing culinary world by earning your culinary and baking certificate at LCC.
All Your Options:
Turn your passion for food and cooking into a career in our short certificate programs for Commercial Cooking or Baking or choose to combine both programs to work toward a comprehensive certificate in culinary and baking.
1 year certificate
Lane’s Commercial Baking and Cooking program teaches classical culinary and baking principles and techniques to build your knowledge and skills through courses that emphasize learning by doing. Our program is designed for individuals looking for a career in cooking, baking and/or food service, as well as those just wanting to learn more about food and improve their skills.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Create menus using local, seasonal fare
- Cost and plan a menu with complimentary dishes
- Operate and work with food and kitchen equipment safely
- Develop knife skills to work quickly while protecting your hands
- Prepare a variety of regional and international cuisines
- Check the quality of baking ingredients
- Prepare equipment for baking
- Measure and scale ingredients accurately
- Finish baked goods according to employer standards
- Develop fundamental baking and pastry knowledge and skills
Completing your commercial cooking certificate will show your future employers that you're serious about a career in food, and that you have the experience necessary to be an asset in a kitchen. Your skills will be backed by a certificate that shows you’re a well rounded and competitive employee.
You can choose to start your path with a short certificate in Commercial Cooking or in Baking and Pastry. You can also choose to combine both certificates and work towards a comprehensive certificate in Culinary and Baking. Work with your career pathways coach to find the path that works best for you.
Not sure which is for you? Learn more about the types of degrees & certificates Lane has to offer