Welcome to the African American Student Program Coordinator resource office! On this website, you will find information about African American Student Program services at Lane Community College. This service is reflective of Lane's current Diversity Plan, Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Strategic Plans for the College.
- Advise students of color in academic, financial, leadership and cultural affairs
- Assist in the recruitment, retention and academic success of students of color
- Assist students/parents in completing and understanding financial aid and scholarship options
- Assist students with planning and implementing relevant programs and activities on campus and in the community
- Collaborate with various community, local, state, federal programs and agencies, which serve students of color
- Provide leadership opportunities for Lane students through classes, presentations and programs
The African American Rites of Passage summer academy is designed to address the cultural, career, academic and social needs of high school and middle school African American and multicultural students of African descent in Lane County. The academy is crafted in an academic and cultural framework for the purpose of connecting these students with the history, literature, traditions and folklore of the experience of African people in western civilization.
Tackling the Taboo Webinar Video Link
In observance of Black Mental Health Awareness Month, this panel of Black male thought leaders came together in Zoom to address Black male vulnerability in a presentation on Thursday, July 30, 2020. In addition, panelists deconstruct the pathologies that are often wrongly associated with Black males. “Tackling the Taboo” touches on issues that often go ignored within the Black community, especially issues related to Black males' mental health. The presentation was moderated by Dr. Lawrence A. Rasheed. Greg Evans will provide a welcome, and A. Philanda Moore will emcee. Sponsored by the LCC Office of Equity and Inclusion and GRIOT (Greatness Rediscovered in Our Time.)
Watch the Weekly and Titan Times for updates.