The Multicultural Center provides a comfortable atmosphere where students from all ethnic backgrounds can get information on admission, registration, course and program planning, and referrals to on-campus and community services.
Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (MEChA)
The Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (MEChA) is a student organization that promotes higher education, cultura, and historia. MEChA was founded on the principles of self-determination for the liberation of our people.
Black Student Union (BSU)
The Black Student Union (BSU) is a student-based organization focused on the cultural, social, and academic needs of African- American students attending Lane.
Native American Student Association (NASA)
The Native American Student Association (NASA) supports American Indian/Alaska Native students at Lane Community College. NASA hosts an annual Pow Wow on the first Saturday in April each year.
Asian and Pacific Islander Student Union (APISU)
The Asian and Pacific Islander Student Union (APISU) mission is to offer a safe space for Asian and Pacific Islander students at Lane Community College (LCC) to meet and network in order to educate, promote, and encourage awareness of Asian and Pacific Islander cultures and traditions at LCC and within our community locally, nationally, and internationally.
Events at the Multicultural Center
Mission, Vision and Goals
Our Multicultural Center (MCC) promotes student success through a cultural, academic and social framework in collaboration with college and community partners.
Instructional offerings, programs and events will focus on:
- Social justice
- Addressing issues and concerns of race, culture and ethnicity
- The development of culturally relevant and appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities
- Alignment with college mission, vision, diversity plan and strategic directions
- Understand the relationship and responsibility between self, others and the community
- Understand oppressive systems
- Exercise leadership in different cultural contexts
- Develop competency in navigating institutional systems
- Develop an honest and authentic sense of self
- Demonstrate cross cultural understanding and cultural competency
- Service: Acquire and/or enhance skills to treat others with respect and courtesy, while continuously striving to meet student/staff needs.
- Critical thinking skills: Acquire and/or enhance skills to guide personal beliefs and actions through observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication.
- Interpersonal and group skills: Acquire and/or enhance skills to produce mutual benefits so that all group members gain from each other's efforts.
- Teamwork: Acquire and/or enhance skills to enhance the workplace through collaborations with other employees.
- Professional skills: Acquire and/or enhance professional workforce skills through trainings and daily work procedures.
- Appreciation and understanding of differences: Acquire and/or enhance a strong understanding and appreciation of diverse populations through interactions and exposure to growth opportunities.
- Open communication: Acquire and/or enhance skills to approach reasonable topics and hold discussions leading to resolution.