Title IX Guide - A guide that goes into detail regarding what Title IX is, what the Title IX process is, and further education on sexual respect and resources.
Instructions for Accessing Title IX SafeColleges Trainings
- Employees should log in to their SafeColleges account using their L#
- On the left sidebar, there is a sideways triangle that reads "extra training" when you hover over it. Click on that symbol.
- Click on "Human Resources"
Primary Recommended Course:
- Title IX and Sexual Harassment Prevention for Employees (Full)
Supplemental Courses in Human Resources Area:
- Sexual Harassment: Staff to Staff
- Title IX and Sexual Harassment
- Title IX Regulations and Roles Overview
- Title IX Roles of Employees
Supplemental Courses in Athletics Area:
- Title IX and Gender Equity in Athletics
- New Employee Training
- Consent 101 - Presented by Title IX Clinician Megan Marshall. Participants in this session learned about types of consent, consent terminology, and what consent is and isn’t. Presented February 2nd, 2022
- Legal Options to Respond to Stalking - Presented by University of Oregon Domestic Violence Clinic/Student Survivor Legal Services. Participants in this session learned about the legal options and resources available to respond to instances of stalking. Presented January 27th, 2022.
- Trauma-Informed Responses to Stalking - The description is: Presented by Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS). Participants in this session learned about what stalking looks like, how stalking connects to other forms of sexual violence and oppression, and trauma-informed principles for supporting people who have experienced stalking, including safety planning techniques. Presented January 19th, 2022.
- Stalking Awareness; Statistics, Warning Signs, and Effects - The description is: During this presentation Title IX Clinician Megan Marshall discussed aspects related to stalking such as relevant statistics, the warning signs of stalking, and the effects of stalking. Presented January 12th, 2022.
- Hope and Safety Alliance - Domestic Violence 101 - In this training Hope and Safety Alliance covered what domestic violence is, what it can look like, and why it can be so hard to leave an abusive relationship. They also covered domestic violence’s effects, prevalence, and dynamics.
- DVAM Community Resource Panel - Sexual Assault Support Services, the Hope and Safety Alliance, and Student Survivor Legal Services all convened to give information about their resources and answered commonly asked questions.
- Title IX Overview Financial Aid and Refund Committee_August 26th and September 9th, 2021
- Gender Equity Center - Title IX PowerPoint Training for Gender Equity Center 9/13/2017
- New Changes in Federal Title IX Regulations - Terrie Minner, Associate Dean of the Mental Health and Wellness Center, Title IX Coordinator - 9/24/2020
- Discussed the Title IX changes effective August 14th, 2020, the impact on colleges, and the role of Lane employees
- New Employee Orientation Presentation - presented by Title IX Coordinator Terrie Minner to new employees on the following dates: February 23rd, 2021 and May 19th, 2021
- Gender-Based Discrimination, Harassment, or Violence on Campus - presentation includes:
- Review the definition of sexual misconduct, the prevalence of sexual violence on campus, and causes of sexual assault
- Explore myths about sexual assault
- Provide resources for reporting sexual assault and information on the process
Title IX Staff have completed one or more of the following trainings:
- Oregon Department of Education Title IX Overview Training - August 2021
- Oregon 2021 Virtual Sexual Assault Response Summit: Making the Most of your Sexual Assault Response Team, Supporting Students: SANE Services & Partnerships on Campus, How to Talk about Sex with Survivors, Using the SANE Program Toolkit to Advance Response in Your Community, Looking at Sexual Assault and Violence in Rural Tribal Communities - August 2021
- Sexual Assault Taskforce Prevention Training Series: Core Sessions, Community Leadership in Prevention, Response and Prevention Training, Prevention Facilitation - June/July 2021
- New Title IX Guidance Compliance Update; Title IX Education Specialists - July 2021
- Sexual Assault Taskforce Oregon Advocate Training - 2020/2021
- How to Meet Title IX Training Requirements in 2020 - June 2020
- New Rules for Higher Education Title IX Sexual Misconduct Response - July 2020
- Working with Indigenous Survivors: Considerations and Best Practices - December 2020
- Safe Colleges Trainings: Title IX and Sexual Harassment Prevention for Employees, Title IX Roles of Employees, Title IX Roles and Regulations Overview - Completed Once a Year
The Title IX Coordinator and Investigator(s) and Hearing Officer(s) have Completed at Least One of the Following Trainings:
- Title IX Coordinator Training
- Title IX Investigator Training
- Title IX Hearing Officer Training