The Child and Family Education Department provides a "whole village" of support for children and families — quality child care, resource and referral services, and early childhood education instruction to staff, students and the community.
"It takes a whole village to raise a child
Raise her up, Raise him up.
It takes a whole village to raise a child
Growing healthy, Growing whole."
- An African poem
- To support student, family and community needs through child and family services and early childhood instruction.
- To provide families with information and support to make appropriate choices for their child.
- To promote and support the development of a quality child care system.
- To consistently assess and evaluate our services to improve our program and instructional process.
- Provide developmentally appropriate programs in accordance with standards of the field.
- Provide excellent diverse experiences for young children to build a solid foundation for learning.
- Provide student and community families with affordability strategies for services.
- Provide programs and services that respect family and individual differences.
- Collaborate with community programs and services, including interagency referrals, to meet children's needs and respect family differences.
- To hold teacher training programs to the highest standard, based on the most current level of child development theories and best practices in the early care and education field.
- Employ staff that has the education, experience and professional commitment necessary to meet the needs of children, ECE students and families.
- Manage resources responsibly and accurately account for their use.
- Maximize resources through coordination and efficiency of service delivery.
- Provide leadership in policy decision making through involvement in professional affiliations, community outreach and community activities.
- Collaborate and partner with key stakeholders and community partners to maximize delivery and quality of services.
Child and Family Education Manager
M.S. Early Intervention
Child Care Center Coordinator
B.S. Psychology, Sociology
Joined CFC staff, July 2015
Food Service Coordinator