Academic Advisors assist you with academic planning, helping make sure you'll be ready to transfer or start your career.
Connect with Advising
An Academic Advisor can help you:
- build a term-by-term course planner
- obtain up-to-date information regarding Lane's programs
- learn how prior college credits may be used toward Lane degrees and certificates
- understand college procedures and policies
- connect to campus and community resources
What to bring to your advising visit:
- unofficial transcripts from all prior colleges attended
- all of your questions!
- Advising Library
Find first term advising guides and other advising resources for your career community
- Advising Guidebook
- General Advising Documents and Transfer Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about Academic Advising
New Student Orientation
Transfer Information and General Advising Documents
- Oregon State University Direct Transfer 2021-22
- University of Oregon Direct Transfer 2021-22
- Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS)
- Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT)
- Associate of General Studies (AGS)
- Associate of Science Oregon Transfer Degree (ASOT)
- Southern Oregon University General Education Transfer Guide 2020-2021
New Student Orientation
We are glad you completed your New Student Orientation! Your first term advising holds have been removed. We encourage you to explore the resources listed below to help you prepare further for your first term.
Your next step is to login to myLane to check your registration status and registration date. It is located under Enrollment and Student Financial Services Registration & Books, “When Can I Register?”. To check holds, look under Enrollment and Student Financial Services, Student Records, "View Holds". If you still see any holds, they must be taken care of prior to registering.
- First Term Advising Guides
- Academic Advising syllabus
- Student Registration Worksheet (fillable) Note, this form must be downloaded first, then opened to use as a fillable pdf.
- New Student Guidebook
- New Student Info & Resources
- Next Steps to Success
- Term By Term Planner
- Lane support hub
- Student resources
- Zoom FAQ
- How to Waitlist Yourself for a Course
LCC has implemented a vaccination requirement for students who are taking any classes in person. Students who are online/remote only are not subject to this requirement. However, if you are an online/remote only student and plan to come to campus for access to in-person services and support such as in-person advising, in-person counseling, in-person tutoring, and in-person library research assistance you must also meet this requirement. To receive these in-person student support services, you must meet the LCC Vaccine Requirement by submitting a Vaccination Status Reporting Form, and register for “In-Person Student Support” using Summer Term CRN 10434. This registration has no cost and will not appear on your student transcript.
Contact Academic Advising
Email the main office: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you email us, please include your full name, L#, and your specific questions so that we can respond efficiently and effectively.