As you use these resources, you may want to implement strategies that will provide for your immediate employment needs, while taking steps toward your longer-term career goals.
We highly recommend subscribing to Mac’s List to receive excellent (weekly and monthly) job search insights by email. Scroll to the bottom of the Mac’s List website and look for the “Connect With Us” section.
- WorkSource Lane - Connect with local career advisors for job search assistance, resources, and services; register with their “iMatchSkills” system to connect with job postings.
- Goodwill Industries – Get assistance with all aspects of the job search by online appointment, phone, and email, plus access local job postings.
- LinkedIn - Make connections in the world's largest professional network; creating an online professional presence here is a MUST for students and job seekers.
- LinkedIn's Job Search Guide - Insights on career assessments, networking, optimizing your LinkedIn profile, finding jobs, interviewing, and more.
- Indeed's Career Guide - Articles and advice on finding a job, resumes, cover letters, interviewing, starting a new job, and more.
- Mac's List Job Search Guide - Browse podcasts, videos, and articles on networking, resumes, cover letters, interviewing, salary negotiation, successful job searches, and more.
- The Muse – Get advice on all aspects of your job search, as well as research company cultures and browse job postings.
- CareerOneStop’s Resume Guide – Provides a step-by-step plan for creating your résumé, including professional tips for print and online formats, résumé samples, and résumé templates.
- Career Coach’s Resume Builder – We recommend using this tool to see specific tasks associated with different occupational titles, which will help you write effective “skill statements” in your résumé.
- Jobscan’s Guide to Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) – This article teaches you 8 things you need to know about ATS, including what they are, how they work, and how to create an ATS-formatted résumé.
- Jobscan – Use their résumé scanning tool to compare your résumé with a specific job posting to see how well your résumé matches the job requirements; the initial scan looks FREE; there are fees for additional services.