Scholarships: Research Questionnaire
On a separate sheet of paper, answer the following questions. Provide descriptions and details, not just "yes" or "no" answers. This questionnaire will help you focus your scholarship search and help you uncover resources, contacts, and opportunities to explore.
- List any and all colleges that you are interested in and may be applying to (list the college even if there is only the slightest possibility that you might attend). Is there a certain region of the country or specific state(s) that you want to attend college in?
- If you are employed, what organization do you work for?
- For what organizations do/did your parents work?
- Are you a child or close relative of a veteran? From which branch of the service and in what war(s)?
- Do you belong to a church, synagogue, or other religious organization?
- Are you a student with a disability?
- Are you a student of color?
- Are you or your parents a member of a trade group, club, union, or association?
- What subject(s) are you most interested in studying in college?
- What are your hobbies or extracurricular activities?
- Are you or your parents a member of a fraternity or sorority?
- Are your parents alumni of a college or university?
- What are some of the big companies or organizations where you live?
- Do you or your parents belong to any service organizations such as Jaycees, Chamber of Commerce, Lions, Elks, etc?
- Where do you live?
(Excerpts from Winning Scholarships for College by Marianne Ragins, 1999)