Follow the steps listed below in order to enroll in and prepare for GED/ABSE classes. These steps will help you enroll, fill out any paperwork you may need to submit, and learn how to use technology to participate in online classes.
GED Students: You need to earn a high school credential because you do not have a high school diploma or because you completed high school in another country and your diploma is not recognized in the US. You may also be interested in preparing for college entry.
ABSE Students: You have a high school diploma or GED and you need to develop academic skills in reading, writing, and/or math before entering a college credit program. ABSE may be a good option for you if you do not currently have financial aid, or your financial aid package consists only of loans.
Fill Out Our Enrollment Form
If you would like us to be able to discuss your information with someone besides yourself, please make sure to fill out the Release of Information section of the form with their information.
WHAT YOU NEED
- An email address you have access to
- Your L Number (if you have one)
Setting up your ExpressLane Account
If you are a new student:
You will receive an email from our department with your class schedule. In this email, you will also receive your L number (your student ID number) and temporary password in the email. You will need these to log into your ExpressLane account and set up your new password. This new password will be needed to log into ExpressLane and Moodle, your student Gmail account and the computers in the LCC library, so be sure to write it down!
Log into ExpressLane using the L number and temporary password in your schedule email.
Please note: You may need to use your temporary password multiple times before your new password is activated. When you make a new password, the system will not recognize it for a few hours.
If you have logged into ExpressLane before, but you have forgotten your password:
- You will receive an email from our department with your class schedule. In this email, you will also receive your L number.
- For help resetting your password in ExpressLane, follow our Guide to Resetting Your Password.
- Learn more about what you can do in ExpressLane with this ExpressLane Quickstart Guide!
Claim Your Student Email
Claim your Student Gmail account by clicking “claim your student account” in ExpressLane. For help, follow our Guide to Claiming Your Student GSuite Account. You will also have access to other Google apps, like Google Drive, Google Slides, and Google Calendar.
Learn more about your student account with this Student Account Quickstart Guide!
Fill out the Vaccination Status Reporting Form
LCC requires that all students who wish to access any in-person services or classes on campus must submit proof of vaccination, or request a medical or religious exemption.
A. Check your student email (ending in @my.lanecc.edu) for an email from email@example.com.
- No student email? Claim your @my.lanecc.edu email address
- Search your inbox and spam if you do not see the email.
- If you checked your student email account and did not receive this email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
B. Fill out the Vaccination Status Reporting Form
- Click the link in your email to fill out the form. You will be required to upload a photo of your vaccination card if you have one.
Instructions for completing the form:
- Instructions for Fully Vaccinated Students
- Instructions for Partially Vaccinated Students
- Instructions for Unvaccinated Students Requesting a Medical or Religious Exemption
¿Puedo completar el formulario en español?
Cuando ingresas al formulario, puedes cambiar el idioma usando el menú desplegable:
- Haga clic en el menú desplegable en la esquina superior derecha del formulario.
- Haga clic en Español y complete el formulario
Find the latest information on our COVID-19 vaccination page.
Required Form for Students Under 18
If you are under 18, you will need to request an “Exemption from Compulsory Education” or Release Form from your former high school or school district. Please have them email it to you, and then forward that email to email@example.com.
If you are over 18 years old, continue to step 6.
Check Your Email
Keep an eye on your email for more communications from the ABSE department. We will send you your class schedule, information about getting started in classes, information on placement testing, and other important information.