Enroll in one tuition-free course Spring or Summer 2022 at Lane!
Get a jump start on your education by taking one course at Lane Community College at a discounted price! Lane will give you tuition money for one course. Fees are not included. For a 4-credit course, that’s at least 70% savings!
- Register for a course before the stated term deadlines
- Be a member of the high school or GED graduating classes of 2022 or 2023
- Be currently enrolled at an Oregon High School or GED program
- Complete a Tuition-free request form before the stated term deadline
What you need to know
- Tuition for one course is covered in full. Some courses may have materials, textbooks, or course fees that you will be responsible for along with standard student fees. Please see the class schedule for more information on additional course fees. Payment plans are available.
- There are ways to save more money including taking an OER class with free or reduced cost textbooks!
- Only tuition for your highest credit course will be subtracted from your Lane account at the end of Week 2.
- In-person classes or any class with an in-person activity will require a COVID vaccination or an approved exemption. A link to the form will be sent to your my.lanecc.edu email address. If you’ll only be enrolling in remote courses, and not making use of on-campus services, you do not need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or exemption.
- You’ll need to meet any prerequisites for the course you want to enroll in.
- You can earn a tuition-free course for spring or summer-not both. If you drop your course after the first week of spring term, you will not be eligible for the summer discount.
All of the Steps to Enroll including registration in ExpressLane, submitting the Tuition-Free Request Form and registration must be done by 11:59 pm on the following dates:
- Spring term: March 28
- Summer term (even if the course starts in July or August): September 2
Ready to get started?
If you are in the HS or GED graduating class of 2022 or 2023, you're in the right place! Use the steps to enroll below to get started. If you have any questions along the way, email firstname.lastname@example.org! Or call 541-463-5678.
Steps to Enroll for Spring and Summer 2022
We recommend you bookmark this webpage to make sure you have completed all the necessary steps. Please read thoroughly and complete in this order.
This application will give your student ID (L Number).
If you've already applied to Lane for summer or fall- please skip to the next step.
If you already have an L Number from College Now, you must submit this application to take part in the tuition-free course program. Your L Number will stay the same.
- Social Security Number: While including your social security number is optional, if you plan to apply for financial aid (FAFSA) in the future, you'll want to provide it .
- A unique student email: It cannot be an email address that belongs to your parent(s) or another student
- If you’ll be graduating from high school as a part of the class of 2023: select "I am a high school student taking classes before high school graduation" as your planned program of study
What happens after you submit your application
- Within one to three business days, you’ll receive your L Number and ExpressLane temporary password/Next Steps emails. Check your spam folder.
- Update your password. This will be your password for ExpressLane, Moodle and your student email address
- You will need to set up security questions
Your next step admission email will also include information on claiming your student email. Make sure to claim your student email, since you'll need that to submit the tuition-free request form. Use your L Number and ExpressLane password to claim your email.
After you’ve claimed your email, we’ll send you a link to complete the vaccination status report to your Lane student-issued email. This link will be unique to you, so be sure not to share it with anyone else.
A vaccination card or an approved exemption will be required to participate in in-person classes and any in-person activities required by an online or in-person class. Online classes do not have a vaccination status reporting requirement. Every student will see a note about this on their ExpressLane account. Read about the latest COVID 19 information.
Please submit your vaccination status when you get the link.
Course Placement can help you ensure you're successful in your classes. Most students use their HS GPA and their HS Algebra II course to determine placement. You will also be able to use any College Now courses, AP, or IB scores, Smarter Balance scores, or an online placement exam. Make sure you enter in your L Number on the last page.
If you are 17 or younger at the time of registration, you will need to submit the under 18 form.
After you and a parent sign it, take a picture of it, and submit the picture to the Enrollment Services digital drop box (use your my.lanecc.edu account).
It is required to be turned in before you can register.
This online, interactive 20-minute orientation will help you determine an appropriate course for your one tuition-free course depending on your program of study. Brenda Williams, our Early College advisor, will answer any questions about the suggested classes after you complete the online orientation. Email email@example.com.
Class of 2022: Please check with the financial aid office on how this course will impact your aid for the 22-23 academic year if you are taking this class after your HS graduation date.
This is the most important step. You will need your my.lanecc.edu email address to sign the form; The form is due by 11:59pm on:
- Spring term : March 28
- Summer term ( even if the course starts in July or August ) : September 2
If you're taking a 4 credit course, taking 2 minutes to submit this form will save you at least a 70%!! You must use your my.lanecc.edu email account to submit this form.