Nestled along "Education Row" in one of the most beautiful and livable cities on the planet, you'll find the LCC Florence Center.
The Florence Center has a remarkable history of serving the needs of those who live, work, study and play in Western Lane County. It is a place where you can achieve your goals and reach your dreams, whatever they may be.
There's support for you here to help you achieve your dreams! Here's a message from our dean and we also have an Advisory Committee to help us better support the educational and workforce needs in the Siuslaw community. Visit our LCC Florence Center Facebook page for current events and announcements.
Learning That Fits Your Needs
Do It All at Florence Center!
LCC Florence Center provides opportunities to start or continue your education toward a degree or certificate, your GED or develop new skills or hobbies!
At LCC Florence, you can do it all and take courses to:
- Meet all the academic requirements to attain an Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (AAOT) degree that will unlock the door to future educational opportunities across Oregon's four-year university system.
- Work toward your Associate of General Studies degree, Associate of Science degree, Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree (AAOT), your Associate of Science Oregon Transfer: Business (ASOT:Bus) degree, or your Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
- Take classes that can lead to a multitude of one- and two-year certificates to launch your new career or help you advance in a specific field.
Nationwide, over 350,000 students earn the GED each year! A GED is equivalent to a high school diploma and LCC Florence Center offers GED preparation. Our friendly and experienced faculty and staff help adults improve their education skills.
While in-class instruction is currently not available, the Florence Center campus' offerings for adults interested in completing their high school education and improving their basic education skills include the following:
- English Language Learning (ELL)
- Adult Basic and Secondary Education (ABSE) and Adult Basic Skills
For more information, contact Leonora Kent (541) 997-8444, ext 4835, or email Leonora at email@example.com.
Please Note: Students under 18 need to obtain an Exemption from Compulsory Education form from the local high school. The form will need to be signed by an administrator, the parent and the student.
If you are a life-long learner, interested in personal or professional development, you'll find an amazing array of offerings at the Florence Center. From health and wellness, arts and recreation, the latest in technology and community-oriented classes, you're sure to find classes you will enjoy.
Our Outward Ventures program (on hiatus during pandemic) has become renowned for fabulous day trips with marvelous and interesting people, integrating lectures with planned activities and delightful outings.
Join us soon at the LCC Florence Center! View the Florence Center Class Information.
What Florence has to offer:
Contact Florence Center
Due to the fact that most staff are working remotely, office hours are variable, and we encourage you to call before any visit to our campus. Access to our North Building is restricted and it can only be accessed with permission from the front desk.
Florence, OR 97439
Mo. - Th., 8 am - 5 pm, and closed on Fridays.
Due to scheduled construction, call for current operating hours.
LCC is closed on Fridays during the summer.