The Student Affairs and Learning Council pages have been merged into the Student Success Council. This page is maintained to provide access to the council meeting records.
Purpose: The Learning Council will develop, review, and evaluate plans and set directions for the instructional and learning support areas of the college in accordance with the vision, mission, core values, learning principles, and strategic plan of the college.
Scope of Work
- Develop a strategic learning plan for instruction and learning support (including library, instructional labs, etc.)
- Evaluate effectiveness of the strategic learning plan
- Update strategic learning plan according to the guidelines of the college-wide planning system
- Identify new instructional directions that align with the mission, learning principles, and strategic plan of the college
- Formulate policies regarding college-wide instructional and learning support
- Ensure college's alignment with accreditation standards 2, 4, and 5
- VP Academic and Student Affairs 1
- Executive Dean Academic and Student Affairs 2
- Faculty Council Co-Chair 1
- LCCEA President or designee 1
- Classified 2
- Faculty 3
- Managers 2
- Students 2
- Additional members by position 0-4
Learning Council Actions
Find out more about the 2017-2022 Learning Plan Conversation Kit.