The Lane Community Foundation has been awarding almost one million dollars in scholarships to our students each academic year.
We rely on a caring, dedicated team of individuals to help us review student applications.This is a meaningful volunteer opportunity and our readers truly enjoy the process.
All reviewers are required to attend one orientation & training session, in person, at Lane Community College's main campus located in Eugene, Oregon. Because of this requirement, volunteers are typically residents of Lane County. Employees of Lane Community College are not eligible for this specific volunteer opportunity
What To Expect
- Review online applications from your home, on your own schedule!
- Access online applications with PC or MAC computers.
- Computers should be current. Volunteers will need to download Adobe Reader to access application documents (No cost version available on the internet).
- Attend one 90-minute orientation and training session on Lane’s Main Campus held mid-March to early April. Reviewing applications typically concludes by the end of April.
- Orientations provide instructions for using the online software and our review criteria.
- Read approximately 40-50 applications.
- Completing your review will take approximately 25-30 hours.
- You will have approximately one month to complete your review.
Comments from our Volunteers
"It is an honor for me to be a part of this.Thank you so much for the opportunity!"
"As always, participating in the review process was a real privilege."
"It was a profound experience reading the applications. I look forward to doing it again in the future."
"Wanted to let you know that I have finished reviewing and I must say, another wonderful experience! So many bright deserving applicants."