Created in 2020, with generous donations from Lane Community College faculty, staff and the general public, the Black Minds Matter Student Assistance Fund is designed to provide a resource for students that may exhibit financial need while successfully navigating and attaining their educational goals.
- Student has used the services of the African American Student Programs at Lane Community College; OR
- Is a member of the LCC Black Student Union; OR
- Has participated in the LCC African American Rites of Passage Summer Academy.
- Currently attending Lane Community College.
- Low-income and/or limited resources to complete education.
Funds Will Support
- Removal of financial holds
- Educational supplies (Nursing, Engineering, Culinary Arts, etc.)
- Overdue payments/bills (utilities, rent, etc.)
The Coordinator will make an assessment and propose an award amount to a committee of no less than two LCC employees for their approval or adjustments of the award. The Coordinator will submit a check request with a copy of the completed application and award decision to the LCC Foundation Office to initiate payment.
All payments will follow LCC Foundation guidelines. The Coordinator will maintain copies of all documentation of awards including awardee, award amount, and financial need addressed for donor reporting.
How can I donate?
Please mail donations directly to:
4000 E 30th Ave Bldg 19 Rm 270
Eugene, OR 97405
Please indicate on your check or attached correspondence that your donation is for the “Black Minds Matter Student Assistance Fund.”
OR Donate online below: